« Tick. Tick. Tick.Hugh Hewitt | Main | Is bird flu overhyped? »

January 17, 2006

Rich countries at a donors conference on bird flu in BeijingBird Bath

Rich countries at a donors conference on bird flu in Beijing
Pravda Ru - 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
15:42 2006-01-17 Disease experts urged rich countries at a donors conference Tuesday to come up with the US$1.5 billion (euro1.2 billion) that the World Bank says is needed to tackle bird flu and prepare for a potential pandemic in humans.Save to My Web

13th bird flu fatality suspected in Indonesia
International Herald Tribune - Jan 16 6:15 AM
Initial tests carried out by the Indonesian authorities indicate that a 13-year-old girl who died over the weekend was infected with bird flu, an Indonesian Health Ministry official said Monday.Save to My Web

Turkey counts fourth bird flu death
WKRN News 2 - Jan 17 1:45 AM
Turkey now has four bird flu deaths. Turkish health officials say preliminary tests show a 12-year-old girl who died Sunday had the H5N1 strain of the avian flu. Her five-year-old brother has also testedSave to My Web

Bird Flu, Killer of 4 People in Turkey, Spreads in Provinces
Bloomberg.com - Jan 16 3:45 PM
Jan. 17 (Bloomberg) -- Bird flu is spreading in provinces of Turkey, where it has killed four people this year and infected at least 16 others, the World Health Organization said.Save to My Web

BioCryst Pharmaceuticals' Potential Bird Flu Drug Gets Fast-Track Status From FDA
Money Sense - 30 minutes ago
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals Inc. said Tuesday that regulators granted "fast track" status to its application for a potential bird flu drug.Save to My Web

World Bank Seeks $1.5B to Stop Bird Flu
AP via Yahoo! News - Jan 16 3:08 AM
The World Bank anticipates countries will donate generously to the effort to stop bird flu from becoming a global epidemic, an official said Monday on the eve of a donors' conference.Save to My Web

Bird Flu Donor Conference Opens in Beijing, WHO Warns Pandemic Risk is Great
Voice of America - Jan 17 2:53 AM
An international donor conference has opened in Beijing to raise money to fight bird flu. Health experts are calling for $1.5 billion to help developing countries contain the virus and prevent a global pandemic.Save to My Web

Bird flu suspected in Turkey death
CNN.com - Jan 15 11:34 PM
Officials in Turkey say a 12-year-old girl died from suspected bird flu in the eastern city of Van.Save to My Web

Girl Is 4th Bird Flu Death in Turkey
AP via Yahoo! News - Jan 16 6:15 AM
Preliminary Turkish tests have confirmed that a 12-year-old girl who died was infected with the deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu, raising Turkey's death toll to four, health officials said Monday.Save to My Web

World Bank eyes $1bln for bird flu
CNN.com - Jan 15 11:04 PM
BEIJING, China (AP) -- Countries around the world are expected to pledge at least US$1 billion (euro822 million) to help their poorer counterparts tackle bird flu and prepare for a potential pandemic in humans, a World Bank official said Monday.Save to My Web

Posted by dymaxion at January 17, 2006 07:16 PM